Hi thanks for your interest in our website and services. If you have questions, please ask a member of our team, or contact us via our contact us page, accessible via the navigation menu at the top of this page.
Terms & Conditions of Hire:
(1) Road Usage:
See the latest NZ Road Code here: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/roadcode/cyclist-code
- New Zealand law requires the bike rider to wear a cycle helmet when riding and to use lights when appropriate.
- You agree that you have a good understanding of New Zealand and / or international Road Code rules and will keep left on the road at all times, observe all Road Code rules and use cycle lanes/paths when I can, while being careful and respectful of other users.
- You will NOT ride on the beach, in the sea or through waterways/rivers (rain ok).
- You will NOT take any bike or equipment off Waiheke Island.
- You will respect the equipment and treat it like your own.
- You will report any damage and You understand that You will be liable for any damage, theft or loss of bikes and/or equipment, including excessive wear due to negligence or misuse of equipment.
- Return and Late Fees: I agree to return the eBike by the agreed-upon time, 6pm latest. Failure to do so will result in an additional charge of NZ$100 for every hour or part thereof after the rental period’s expiry until the return to eRide Waiheke. The eBike and accessories are intended for my use only, and I commit not to lend them to others.
- Cancellations up to 7 days prior to event = full refund; up to 48hrs = 50% refund; No refunds will be given within 48hrs or for “no-show” or change of mind or early returns once hire commences.
- In the event of extreme weather/illness your booking may be rescheduled at the discretion of staff.
(4) RISK DISCLOSURE
By proceeding with the Bike Hire, You are agreeing to the following statement:
- I understand biking can be dangerous. These risks include, but are not limited to, riding in traffic, navigating around Waiheke Island, adverse weather conditions, uneven surfaces, collisions, physical strain, and other potential hazards. I confirm my physical fitness and have disclosed any relevant injuries or medical conditions.
- I accept full responsibility for my actions and will not hold The Waiheke Bike Shop Ltd T/A eRide Waiheke or associated staff liable for any injury to any person or damage to any property – caused during my use of the equipment.
- I have discussed with The Waiheke Bike Shop Ltd T/A eRide Waiheke staff my intended use and have chosen the most suitable bike for my needs.
- I will also wear appropriate footwear and clothing to prevent injury to myself and/or the equipment.
- I understand that operating the equipment while under the influence of alcohol or drugs or impairment, can affect my riding ability, which can endanger myself and / or others. In such cases, I will NOT ride the equipment. If you need assistance, please call our team for (fees may apply).
- Please see the NZ Road Code which details responsible riding. https://www.nzta.govt.nz/roadcode/code-for-cycling/
(5) INTERNATIONAL ONLY:
You should ensure that you have appropriate travel insurance to cover this type of activity.
(6) GROUP BOOKINGS ONLY:
- You acknowledge that you informed all memebers and will be agreeing to these terms on behalf of all people in your group.
- You will take full responsibility for each bike and person within the group
Our privacy terms can be found here
Errors & Omissions
We try very hard to ensure the information on this site accurately represents our products and services. However, from time to time, differences do sometimes occur from that depicted. If you wish to report a problem, please contact us.
General Website Terms & Conditions
1) By accessing this website, you agree that we, and those officially recognised as associated to or party to this website (hereinafter referred to collectively as “the publisher”) cannot be held responsible for any error, omission, fault or inaccuracy and shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused to any user / party. 2) All comments / contributions made by users to this website (either those with an account or not) in public areas (e.g. comments, testimonials, reviews etc) are the sole legal responsibility of the person posting them and may not reflect the opinion of the publishers. 3) The publishers reserve the right to amend, change, delete or modify as appropriate, any information or detail on one or all pages of this website (including, but not limited to, pricing, product description, quantity and availability, comments or reviews by users) without notification, at any time. 4) All information, documents, photo’s, illustrations, pictures, images, and all media, words, ideas, trademarks, designs and concepts contained within this website shall remain the property and copyright of the publishers and may not be copied, duplicated, screen-grabbed, borrowed, hired, lent, linked to (via hyperlink), distributed, broadcast or used in any way, without express written permission. All Rights Reserved. 5) All trademarks, logos and materials belonging to any third party (whether expressly specified or not) displayed on this site, shall remain the property and copyright of the respective owning entity.
The information provided on this Website is intended for general guidance only. Users of the information contained on this website must make their own assessment of the suitability and appropriateness of the information described for their particular use and conditions. To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- All warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this website or the content on, or accessed through, it; and
- You use this site at your own risk. In no event shall the publishers be liable for any damage or loss, arising out of your use or inability to use this website, or anything contained within it.
If you need any assistance, or would like clarification on any of the above, please contact us.